O Wondrous Sight! O Vision Fair
Hymn lyrics and .mp3 Download
1. O wondrous sight! O vision fair of glory that the church shall share, which Christ upon the mountain shows, where brighter than the sun he glows!
2. From age to age the tale declares how with the three disciples there where Moses and Elijah meet, the Lord holds converse high and sweet.
3. The law and prophets there have place, two chosen witnesses of grace; the Father's voice from out the cloud proclaims his only Son aloud.
4. With shining face and bright array, Christ deigns to manifest that day what glory shall be theirs above who joy in God with perfect love.
5. And faithful hearts are raised on high by this great vision's mystery; for which in joyful strains we raise the voice of prayer, the hymn of praise.
Words by: Sarum Breviary;
trans. by John Mason Neale
Music by: William Knapp;
harm. from Hymns Ancient and Modern
Thank you for visiting our traditional hymns web site.
Our desire is that you will grow closer to the Lord by singing and worshiping with these traditional hymns.
There are many traditional hymns in the public domain so you can download and enjoy as you like.
Let's praise the Lord together!