In the Cross of Christ I Glory
Hymn lyrics and .mp3 Download
1. In the cross of Christ I glory, towering o'er the wrecks of time; all the light of sacred story gathers round its head sublime.
2. When the woes of life o'ertake me, hopes deceive, and fears annoy, never shall the cross forsake me. Lo! it glows with peace and joy.
3. When the sun of bliss is beaming light and love upon my way, from the cross the radiance streaming adds more luster to the day.
4. Bane and blessing, pain and pleasure, by the cross are sanctified; peace is there that knows no measure, joys that through all time abide.
5. In the cross of Christ I glory, towering o'er the wrecks of time; all the light of sacred story gathers round its head sublime.
Words by: John Bowring
Music by: Ithamar Conkey
Thank you for visiting our traditional hymns web site.
Our desire is that you will grow closer to the Lord by singing and worshiping with these traditional hymns.
There are many traditional hymns in the public domain so you can download and enjoy as you like.
Let's praise the Lord together!