Depth of Mercy
Hymn lyrics and .mp3 Download
1. Depth of mercy! Can there be mercy still reserved for me? Can my God his wrath forbear, me, the chief of sinners, spare?
2. I have long withstood his grace, long provoked him to his face, would not hearken to his calls, grieved him by a thousand falls.
3. I my Master have denied, I afresh have crucified, oft profaned his hallowed name, put him to an open shame.
4. There for me the Savior stands, shows his wounds and spreads his hands. God is love! I know, I feel; Jesus weeps and loves me still.
5. Now incline me to repent, let me now my sins lament, now my foul revolt deplore, weep, believe, and sin no more.
Words by: Charles Wesley
Music by: Adapt. from Orlando Gibbons
Thank you for visiting our traditional hymns web site.
Our desire is that you will grow closer to the Lord by singing and worshiping with these traditional hymns.
There are many traditional hymns in the public domain so you can download and enjoy as you like.
Let's praise the Lord together!